Tuesday, December 29, 2009

this yr, dat day...

Last year around this time!
I had set out to find love!

Almost 3 hundred and 65 days later – I would say I have found it!

In friends …
Their laughter
Mingled with mine
Couldn’t have guessed whose happier ..because I got a raise! :)

The tremor in their voices
When I was nearly in tears
Or when I tried to be strong
And they cried for me instead!

In the teas and coffees
In the dances
Or the jigz
In bday cakez
In drunken brawlz
N in driving all nite
The whole year through

In their prayers,
In mine
I hope
In hopelessness
In faith n hurt

In everything
In every moment
With my best friends
I found love!

..

And then there were two more people…
Who continue to be part of my life
And will forever be a part of my legacy
Mum Dad!

In their raised voices
Untamed anger
Childhood scars
Role reversals
And each moment
As I found them growing up
To be my parent
I fell in love with them!

I found love .. again!

..

In many other livez
Who have become a part of my existence
Whose vigour has grown into me
And I have extended as a fresh leaf
On a twig of theriz
In those spl people
I found love.. underlying.. everflowing
That now runz in my veinz

..

In my work …
My work place
The people I met
A pat from the bosses
Complimentz from teacherz

In all that…I found love!

..

In travel
On the mountainz
Amidst deodar trees
Where the air breathed
Pure
There I fell in love!
There I found love!

..

In discovery ..
Of science
Of conscience
In every moment
That out of pain or pleasure
Made me believe in my existence
I found love!

..

And in God!

I’d declared myself a pure atheist!
But beyond my existence
Beyond my mind
My heart
Body
Beyond the great mountainz
Beyond the time
That passed n that is yet to come
In that truth!
I found what I had set out to find
love!

No comments: