Sunday, July 20, 2014

Goodbye to a former lover.

I thought of him as I woke up. What must he look like, asleep in the morning sun. Would I have opened my eyes first? For some reason, in my mind, I always wake up before him.

I gently plant a kiss on his forehead. And slip out of the folds quietly. Standing by the bed, I watch him. Thinking to myself, this is why I journeyed all the way. For this precious sight.

I find my feet and walk away now, deep in thought. I enjoy the silence. In that room, with closed doors and tightly shut windows, I am oblivious to the world. The only obvious, are my movements and his breathing. That's all.

I stand in front of the mirror in the bath. And stare at that person. I look at what I have become. With him. I study myself. I had wondered to myself for many a years. How would I look like when with him? My skin, soft and glowing. I touch love.

My heart races back to him. I peek back into the silent room. Listen to his peaceful breathing. I smile.

Days may come and go. And when he wakes up, he may learn to walk and away, I know. But for now, I take a deep, deep breath. This is why I journeyed so far. And I know I shall live a lil' in him. And as long he remembers my smile, that touched me that morning with love, I know I shall live in him.

Love,
A former lover/
A mother

No comments: